Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Baldwin Park Art Festival


It was a perfect day for an art festival. We dropped by the Baldwin Park Art Festival before heading to my niece's birthday party. Actually, Chandler dropped me off and took the boys to get hamburgers while I fast-tracked it down the lone isle of booths. I could have spent all afternoon there, but I had to take what I could get.

I got to visit my acrylics instructor, Sally Evans. She's been painting since she could hold a brush. I love her colorful style. That Lab looks just like my Max! And I had just enough time to pop in to see my wonderfully talented friend, Jennifer McCully.  I worked with Jennifer years ago and now she's doing exactly what I want to do! Creating for a living. Someday Melanie. Someday. She actually introduced me to the blogging art world last year when we ran into each other at our kids' swim practice at the Y. Thanks Jennifer! You need to update your blog girly!

Couldn't resist the nuns. I love 'em!

1 comment:

  1. It is so great to go to art fairs to feed our art souls just like Julia Cameron talks about in her famous book-"The Artist Way". I'm with you- Creating for a living- go for it Melanie! see you in the fish bowl

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails