Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday in my "ewe"niverse— The boys' bedroom.


This is the doorway to the bedroom my sons share. Funny, you'd think this would be the messiest room in the house— two boys sharing a room. But guess what? It's the neatest! Yes, after eleven months of paint-staking attic renovations (by my brother-in-law) and one home equity loan later, our boys prefer sleeping in the guest room downstairs. But I digress. The wooden arch was carved from a tree branch in my brother-in-law's backyard. Double pocket doors slide closed for privacy when they're older.
Whether the boys sleep up there or not, this is one of my favorite rooms in the house. We had to utilize every inch of space so we wouldn't have to change the roof line of our house. The book Making Room was my bible and a source of "ewe"nique ideas for how to make the most of our small space.
Some hi-lights:
  • Matching closets on each side of the room with rolling doors that hold hanging clothes and shoes.
  • Rolling boxes inside the closets house costumes, games and toys. The boys also like to use their
closets as secret play spaces.
  • 20"x20"shirt stripe carpet tiles from FLOR.com bring out the boy in the room.
  • Built-in dresser drawers on each side of the room hold the rest of their clothes and their favorite Lego drawer opens out 3 feet and has a sliding table top for easy lego construction and breakdown.
  • Each trundle bed rolls out to full/queen size or half-way in for couch mode. When more room is needed for playing, the beds roll all the way into the wall.
Almost makes me with I was a kid again!

Tune in next Monday for another peek into my "ewe"niverse!

4 comments:

  1. AMAZING! What a gorgeous room - any little boy (or girl) would be lucky to call it home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would never sleep in the guest room if that were my room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning renovation Melanie! Love love love it. The doorway is magnificent. Your brother in law must be amazing! Pocket doors perfect for this space

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is wow! I love all the hidden storage spaces. I was especially amazed at the bed space where they could roll it in or roll it out. Are the boys too young to be up there alone? I can't think of why they wouldn't want to be in that space. You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails