INTRODUCING: The Garden Party Collection available now on Etsy!
MY NIECE RECENTLY TURNED FOUR and we celebrated with a Garden Birthday Party designed and illustrated by yours truly! Here's the double-sided invitation that was sent out to friends and family (see above and below).
And here's the Birthday Girl!
Since my house is full of boys, I had so much fun designing this party for Mackenzie.
- The tablecloth is made from colorful bandanas. Thanks Mom for sewing it together for me!
- Hot Pink Water Jug— is from Joann's found with all their Easter stuff. Same with the flowers.
- The yummy homemade white cake was layered with fresh strawberries and homemade icing!
- I made clay cake toppers to match the Garden themed invitation. (Thinking about selling these too.)
- The little statue of Mackenzie was made using Shrinky Dinks! That was fun to watch it bake!
- My friends Shona, Claire and I sewed the Mini-bunting for the cake (and also for the yarn wreath).
- I spray painted the clay pots in bright colors and filled them with Jelly Bellies.
- The Flowers were made from a template and tongue depressors (template available at my shop)
- The Party Circles in the center of the flowers are part of my Garden Party Collection.
- Chenille bubble blowers were easier for the kids to dip into the bubbles and the chenille absorbs the bubble mixture and makes bigger bubbles!
- The Bubble Wrappers are part of the Garden Party Collection.
I found this adorable Butterfly Catcher jar with "what looked like" a real butterfly! Tap on the top of the jat and the butterfly flutters around. It was a big hit with the kids.
Click here for instructions on how to make these cute balloon flowers!
Guests left with these Garden Party Favors.
Can't wait 'til next year!