Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Garden Birthday Party - for Mackenzie!

INTRODUCING: The Garden Party Collection available now on Etsy! 
To see the full collection click HERE .

MY NIECE RECENTLY TURNED FOUR and we celebrated with a Garden Birthday Party designed and illustrated by yours truly! Here's the double-sided invitation that was sent out to friends and family (see above and below).

And here's the Birthday Girl!
Since my house is full of boys, I had so much fun designing this party for Mackenzie. 
  • The tablecloth is made from colorful bandanas. Thanks Mom for sewing it together for me! 
  • Hot Pink Water Jug— is from Joann's found with all their Easter stuff.  Same with the flowers. 


  • The yummy homemade white cake was layered with fresh strawberries and homemade icing!
  • I made clay cake toppers to match the Garden themed invitation. (Thinking about selling these too.)
  • The little statue of Mackenzie was made using Shrinky Dinks! That was fun to watch it bake!
  • My friends Shona, Claire and I sewed the Mini-bunting for the cake (and also for the yarn wreath).


  • I spray painted the clay pots in bright colors and filled them with Jelly Bellies.
  • The Flowers were made from a template and tongue depressors (template available at my shop)
  • The Party Circles in the center of the flowers are part of my Garden Party Collection.


The kids loved playing and planting flowers in the sandbox.

  • Chenille bubble blowers were easier for the kids to dip into the bubbles and the chenille absorbs the bubble mixture and makes bigger bubbles!
  • The Bubble Wrappers are part of the Garden Party Collection.

 I found this adorable Butterfly Catcher jar with "what looked like" a real butterfly! Tap on the top of the jat and the butterfly flutters around. It was a big hit with the kids.



 Click here for instructions on how to make these cute balloon flowers!

Guests left with these Garden Party Favors.

 Can't wait 'til next year!

8 comments:

  1. Adorable and so creative and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all so darling!! I've said it before and will say it again -- I love your style!

    Looking at this makes my heart ache a little, after giving up my invitation biz. I shall live vicariously through you til I get the courage to start it once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So whimsical and cute. What a great party!

    Visiting from Maddycakes Muse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I loved your idea of using pipe cleaners as bubble wands. I modified it slightly for my daughter Quinby's third birthday. It was handmade fairy princess themed. Thanks so much for the inspiration. You can see how they came out here - http://emilyflippinmaruna.wordpress.com/2011/07/17/fairy-princess-party-or-quinbys-birthday-party-2/

    Emily

    ps - I LOVE your blog name. So cute! oh, and I found your blog through pintrest.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My turning-7-year old has requested a garden party. I may have to use some of these ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Steph,

    Thanks for stopping by! Love your blog as well! I hope your daughter has a blooming birthday! In case you're interested, I sell the whole Garden Party collection in my shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ewehooo?section_id=10700223

    Happy crafting!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Melanie! Love your niece's beautiful Garden Birthday Party!! Every last detail is so adorable! Nicely done! ;) I featured your cute chenille bubble blowers on my blog today as one of my favorite Summer Fun pins!! http://www.chattingoverchocolate.com/2013/06/pinteresting-ideas-for-summer-fun-with.html
    Thanks so much for sharing! Have a fabulous Summer! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails